Heart cancer

Why do you not get cancer of the heart or at least, I ve never heard of it. Does anyone know ?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
think u can!!!! got this from google Yes. However, heart cancer is extremely rare. The vast majority of heart tumors are noncancerous (benign). A 20-year review of 12,487 consecutive autopsies in Hong Kong identified only seven cases of cardiac tumor — an incidence of less than 0.1 percent — most of which were benign. Benign tumors of the heart include myxomas, fibromas, rhabdomyomas and hamartomas. Cancerous (malignant) tumors of the heart are most often sarcomas. Occasionally, cancer can spread to the heart, such as from lymphomas that originate in the structures of the chest near the heart. Other cancers that can spread to the heart include melanomas and sarcomas. Treatment of heart tumors is surgical removal. Cancer can affect the heart in other ways, such as causing damage to the heart valves (marantic endocarditis) or stiffening of the heart muscle (cardiac fibrosis). Cancer treatments can also affect the heart. Certain chemotherapy drugs — such as anthracyclines, high-dose cytoxan, 5-FU, taxanes, herceptin and IL-2 — can damage the heart. Radiation therapy directed at or near the heart can cause damage to the heart muscle and increase the risk of coronary artery disease later in life.