Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Hearing voices when falling asleep. Could it be something serious?

Hi, I have a concern about some voices I hear occasionally when I am just falling asleep. They have been happening for about a year now, they are never anything long. Usually only one word or a few words. They have never been harsh or even negative before the other night. I usually don t even remember what I hear by the next morning. The other night right before I fell asleep I heard a voice, it sounded very scary to me and It was a male saying it s the f**king end! It scared me and I couldn t go to sleep afterwards because I was so scared. Could it be something serious? Or just in my head? Please help me!
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Public Forum

First, it is important to know that these voices are not real. These voices come due to neuro chemical imbalance in brain. So, do not scared from them.

Now good treatment is available to stop these voices. You should meet nearby psychiatrist as soon as possible for relief.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal
Answered: Fri, 21 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychologist Dr. K. V. Anand's  Response
Dec 2015
Thanks for posting the question

Dr. Ashish Mittal is absolutely right.
The hallucinations are like dreams.
Dreams come every night and we don't worry about them unnecessarily.
Am I correct?
These voices come due to neuro chemical imbalance in brain. So, do not scared from them.
Learn to ignore them and there they go.
Be assured.

Good Luck
Answered: Fri, 21 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Sundar Gnanavel's  Response
Thanks for your query. The symptom of hearing voices which others cannot is referred to as "hallucinations". It requires a thorough evaluation by a psychiatrist along with evaluation of your mental state and probing for other associated symptoms. Management would be based on the evaluation by your psychiatrist.
Dr Sundar Gnanavel
Answered: Sun, 30 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor