Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Hearing loss due to tinnitus, feeling fluid in the ears. Need remedy

Hi doctor I am 48 and have had problems with my ears since I was a child but now it is getting worse as my hearing is getting very badly affected by tenitu? I also feel as if they are full of fluid that seemed to move about in side my ear drum this is making me very reserved about getting into conversation with people as it is very embarrassing saying what all the time could you please let me no if there is any thing out there to help me thank you David Thomson.....
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query .

I have gone through your query regarding TINNITUS and HEARING LOSS. Since you are having tinnitus from your early life and now you are at the age of 48. Here I would like to suggest you few investigations to diagnose the real facts-

(a) Pure tone audiometery.

(b) Impedance audiometery.

(c) BERA test.

By this much work one may know about type and severity of deafness. after that most probably you are found to be having sensory neural hearing loss. Depending on the severity you may be advice for hearing aid with tinnitus marker or if condition permit other option of cochlear implant may also be evaluated .

Answered: Sun, 7 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor