Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Hearing heart beat in ears, skin darkening under eyes, addicted to smoking. Treatment?

Hi, I have been hearing my heart pulse in my left ear for a few months now. I do feel a little more fatigued than usual. I notice as well a bit of darkening under my eyes. I am now 50.Yes I smoke and it is darn hard to quit. So I try and counter this by drinking lung cleansing herb teas and drink baking soda water every day. I feel embarrassed about the smoking but I have to be honest. Thank you for a reply.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi mountain769 ,
I have read your question ,
Generally hearing heart beat in ears & skin darkening under eyes are due to reasons like weakness , sleeplessness & reduction in lung capacity .In your case as you smoke these maybe the reasons .
Smoking is always injurious to health since respiratory system plays a vital role in our body functioning & such symptoms show problems in respiratory system.
Keeping your age in mind , it is really important to reduce your habit of smoking and i suggest you to quit it eventually .
If these symptoms persist i suggest you to consult a nearby physician for further medical advice.

Wishing you a good health,
Dr.G.Gayatri devi
Answered: Wed, 2 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor