Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Headache, numbness in the hand and arm, loss of balance in walking. What could be wrong?

My husband has been suffering from a really bad headache for 3 days now his hand and arm keep going numb on and off he went to the bathroom and lost his balance and fell against the wall he said he has never had his head hurt this bad he is 48 and has always been in good health ibtried to get him to go to the hospital but he refused I do not know what to do my email is YYYY@YYYY can you please tell me what this might be and what should I do I am very worried
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012

Thanks for posting on HCM
From your description for your husband's condition it is clear that your husband is suffering from a neurologic disorder. Your husband could be suffering from early signs of multiple sclerosis, encephalomyelitis, CNS Vasculitis, Lyme Disease, lupus Erythematosus. spastic paraparesis. Behçet Syndrome, Sarcoidosis etc.
You need to convince your husband to go to hospital before his condition complicates. The doctor would need to investigate his condition more by doing a lumbar puncture, MRI/CT scan, blood panel tests.
Analgesia to treat the headache could be started.

Hope this helps
Answered: Sat, 9 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor