Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Headache, hurts to cough and sneeze, dizziness, low grade fever, back pain. Should I go to ER?

I went to my PA yesturday with a severe headache one so bad it hurt to cough, sneeze , clear my throat or bend over as well as dizziness and low grade fever, I also told him that I have had sever sharp pain in my right lower back. He did a swab to check for the flu it came back negative and said if symptoms continue he wants me to get a blood test to check for west nile virus , however the issue of the pain in my right lower back was not addressed. Should I go to an urgent care facility?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  268
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Although your throat swab was negative for flu, but your symptoms are suggestive of acute viral infection.
Cough, sneezing, and headache with low backache suggest the diagnosis.
You should consult with your family physician and should go complete blood count, ESR and chest x ray.
You should also go for throat check up for strep.
You may have systemic infection with malaise, and mylagia.
You should take complete antibiotic course (in case of viral infection, it helps in prevent secondary bacterial infection), muscle relaxants and anti-histaminics.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Mon, 10 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Michelle Gibson James's  Response
HI, welcome to healthcare magic

The pain in the right lower back can be due to muscle strain or spasm(this would tend to be worse on movement and there may be a history of prior excess movement or physical activity), kidney infection (associated with symptoms such as discomfort on passing urine,fever,abdominal pain,blood in the urine, smelly urine) , kidney stone (tends to be an intermittent severe pain), viruses such the flu virus can also be associated with muscle pain.
If the pain is still present, increasing intensity then you should consider having it evaluated at an ER or at your doctor's office.

I hope this helps and I hope that you feel better soon
Answered: Mon, 10 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor