Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Headache, haziness and blurring of the eye after head being hit by a ball. Have swelling and concussion. Should I go for CT scan?

I was hit in the head by a line drive during a softball game yesterday around 3:45 PM EST. I initially was okay, aside from the pain from the impact; however, last night I noticed a haziness and/or blurriness to my right eye. The ball hit above the right eyebrow. The swelling and contusion was fairly large up to the hair line. It has since gone down, but the headache is much worse today, I feel tired, and my vision in my right eye seems off. I was told to go in for CT Scan , but I don t want to waste the time of the doctors giving help to more serious injuries. Should I wait it out or go in for the CT Scan?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  240
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for your query.

Possibly, you could wait for another day and then decide about CT brain.

Since you are already improving, the chance of any internal injury to brain is less. The visual symptoms in your case could also be due to local hematoma around the eyes.

Should you start vomiting or if your headache worsens, you may decide to go for the CT scan early.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
Answered: Thu, 25 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor