Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Headache, falling unconscious. CT scan showed calcified granuloma in left lobe. Serious?

HI, This Sanjeeva from hyderabad, Since few months my sister is suffering with severe headach and some times she will fell down unconsciously and after some time she will recover again. So on sunday (07-oct-2012) we have done a CT scan (brain) for her and in CT scan report it has been noted as Calcified Granuloma in left lobe . Can you please tell me whether this is a serious condition or this can be cured by medicine?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  187
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Hi Sanjeeva,
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.

First of all, let me reassure you that your sister does not have a serious problem, and she can be cured with medicines.

Calcified granuloma in the brain represents a healed infection of the brain called neurocysticercosis (NCC). This means that she suffered a parasitic infection of the brain, which has healed now.

Calcified granuloma may cause seizures (fits), which is what your sister is having.

She needs anti-epileptic medications for cure. You can consult me or any other neurologist for prescription.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
Answered: Thu, 18 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor