Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Headache, cramps, bleeding, cysts. Tubes tied, partial hysterectomy. Advise?

my name is jeannie and i had my tubes tied 7wks after having my second child,then about 6 months latter had a partial hysto. I had them both done due to monthly cycle problems well thinking the Hysto.would fix it 3 years later ive been dealing with headache then severe cramping and bleeding if i do alot of anything it will happen im a very outdoors active person.I know I have cysts but doctor said that there not big enough to remove them and im living in pure hell since ive had the partial i have two kids and i cant be in the bed my husband works nights so what can i do i really want to know what i need to do to proceed with and is there any legal actions i can take this isnt normal and im only 31 and shouldnt have to be in this much pain to be so young....I live in Wilmer Al but had procedure in Providence hospital in mobile al....
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Dear Jeannie,
I'm sorry you are having these problems.
Of course you must have considered the risks of surgery (done twice) as well as post surgery problems. In all circumstances, when you give an informed consent, one must weigh all possible problems with the benefits.

The ' partial' hysterectomy means the lower part of the uterus is retained/not removed. Since you are having bleeding, a small part of the lower uterus may also be there. Sometimes, at surgery, the cervix = mouth of the uterus, may be very small. So when 'partial' hysterectomy is done, a part of the lower uterus may also remain behind. Therefore the bleeding. That could be one reason among others.
I presume its a monthly bleeding that you talk about.

The severe cramping, i think, may be because of adhesions which form at the site of surgery. Each patient responds differently to any surgical incisions.

However, it may be worthwhile to investigate you with a fresh eye, as is done for abnormal bleeding in any patient. I would think a repeat Pap Smear, Transvaginal Ultrasound or even a hysteroscopy (looking inside from below using a telescope) may be in order.

Since you are the mother of 2 children it may be worth teaching them not to interfere with their body surgically without arming yourself with all information and for less than the actual indications for surgery.

I couldn't catch the last parts of your query - maybe you had exceeded the word limits but i sincerely hope attending to your problem with courage and focus will help solve it.
My wishes for you. Take care.
Dr Nirja Chawla
Answered: Sun, 21 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor