Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Headache, chills and fatigue, back pain. Should I see a doctor?

I had flu like symptoms without a runny nose or cough for 2 days. These included a throbbing headache, chills and chronic fatigue . These symptoms have now passed but now the spine between my ribs and the ribs in my back are painful and aching. Breathing is not affected and doesn t affect the pain. I am 45. Should I see a doctor?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  114
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Localised pain in the back following an episode of flu is not a serious concern as you do not report other associated symptoms such as breathing difficulty, chest pain, and palpitation. It is probably a post viral symptom or a simple muscle sprain.

At this instant, I suggest you to take plenty of rest. Anti-inflammatory drugs can be used if the pain is severe to reduce pain. Drink plenty of water. You may visit your doctor if pain persists/other associated symptoms develop.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health

Answered: Thu, 14 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor