Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Headache and dizziness after head injury

my 12 year old son fell and hit the back of his head really hard. He was having bad headaches and feeling sleepy. I brought him to a doctor . He doctor told me that my son has a concussion. He had a CT scan which came out normal. He was referred to a neurologist which gave him naxproxen tablets. Those tablets didn’t work. It is now over 2 months since he fell and he is still having ongoing bad headaches! I has missed a lot of school and he gets really depressed and he breaks down. He gets only a few moments of relief from his headaches but they are pretty much ongoing. Should he have a MRI or X ray done? Should I bring him to a hospital? I just want my son to be a happy 12 yr. old.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  559
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
I am empathetic for your child's condition.You better do a CT scan again.Worsening headache may be due to build up of pressure within the brain or a enlarging heamatoma.
Answered: Thu, 31 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Tab. Naproxen is not likely to help much in headaches. it is best to go for an MRI to rule out any concussion or a cerebral injury after which in consultation with a neurophysician, proper treatment can be given. Do not delay.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Thu, 31 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor