Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Head injury, skull indentation, headache, dent from eyebrow to hairline. Cure for condition?

I hit my head on the corner of a desk more than 4 years ago, and can still feel an indentation in my skull . I have sensitivity around the area and when I get a headache it hurts in that general area. This dent is off to the side of the centre of my forehead . Should I seek medical attention for this, or should I just leave it alone. The dent is at least 4 inches long from my eyebrow up to my hairline, and is in general terms a finger tip wide as I can follow it the whole way of the dent.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1337
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Did you not get any investigation done at that time?
Now that it has already been 4 yrs since, and it still has a dent and is painful so I suggest at least get an X-Ray skull ( AP and Lateral view )
Off course for certain types of skull fractures you need to get CT scan brain (plain) done.
Do not worry most of the skull fractures heal on their own . Neurologically intact patients with simple linear fracture and neurologically intact patients with depressed skull fractures are managed conservatively.
As you do not have any other symptoms of convulsion, altered sensorium and severe headache so you just need evaluation to find out the cause of indentation of skull and any underlying injury.
Answered: Tue, 2 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor