Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Head injury, pressure on top of head, softened spot near injury site. Cause of concern?

hit the back of head hard a week ago. pain went away after a short period. no other symptoms but since then I ve had off and on pain or ache, just pressure in front and top. also, just had my first professional massage...therapist said I had a slightly softened spot near injury sight. Anything to be concerned about? didn t seek medical treatment. no insurance.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  107
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
This softened spot seems to be due to a local hematoma due to the local bleeding caused by injury.
The feeling of pressure is because of this hematoma only.
Since you don't have any other symptom,nothing has to be done in particular.
Your symptoms shall go away once this hematoma gets resolved of it's own and may take around three weeks in doing so.
Answered: Fri, 17 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor