Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Head injury, pain on touching, slight dent in area. Treatment?

Hello, the other night I accidently hit my head pretty hard against a table because I was sitting on a couch and did not realize there was a table/bar sort of surface behind me and while laughing, i threw my head back and hit it pretty hard...its been about a few days but whenever i touch it hurts pretty badly and at the time it was very painful. Now I have a dent in the area, not a severe one but slight, should I go to a doctor or wait it out a few more days?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  320
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear Shellipedersen, hello

The skin over head area is such that any injury result in swelling or pain in scalp area. It is good that there is no symptoms of internal head injury. The headache will resolve in few days to weeks. Give proper rest to your body for better healing.

You can have X-Ray Skull, after getting yourself examined, to look for the dent in the area of injury.

Answered: Wed, 26 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor