Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Head injury, not aware of surroundings. Want cure

hi, docter sir my grand father had a short acciedent 3days before but he had very small injury & sraches but now we saw that he s having small injury in backhead. now he s speaking like an ordinaryman but sometimes he s talking like that he is in shop , he is not beleiving that he is in hospital now we discharghed him from the hospital now he s in house, we want him to be cured can we meet u now
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi AR.Lingam,
Thanks for writing your query.
Due to the head injury, your grandfather might have sufferd from concussion injury. It can result in memory loss, persistent headache, nausea or vomiting,etc.
It is advisable that you should get a scan of his head done and consult a Neurophysician for neurological examination.
Concussion injury takes few days to weeks for complete recovery. Proper rest quickens the recovery.
I hope this is useful to you.
Answered: Thu, 1 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor