Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Head injury near eye brow, swollen lump, headache, pain behind right eye. Medical attention needed?

Hi, i got hit on the right side of my head kinda near my eye brow on the right side and i got a little egg on it and its been three days now and i have had a slight headache in that area were i got hit. Even behind my right eye i have this slight headache. I have not called my dr or anything and dont know if i should go. Please help.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
The headache persisting 3 days after a hit warrants medical attention. Though it may just be due to superficial injury and all that is need may be analgesic. However it is a very vital area and since the pain is there behind the eye also, so a check up by doctor to rule out any serious internal injuries is advisable. Underlying injuries may not be very obvious and care examination is needed. If required CT scan may be done to establish that everything is fine for the eye and the brain.
Good luck.
Answered: Tue, 15 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor