Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Head injury, nasal bleeding, cut on forehead, throbbing headache. History of concussions. Treatment?

Hi Doctor, I just got in a fight with someone about half an hour ago - and i got punched in the face pretty hard twice and the second time i actually fell down and the back of my head hit the concrete pavement pretty hard but i got up like nothing happened. Got a runny nose for a few minutes and walked away like nothing happened.... i was wearing my glasses so i had a minor cut to the forehead between the eyes, just an inch on top of the end of my nose bridge and my eyes - especially my left eye feels kind of blackoutish?? like the feeling that i got when i got hit in the face by a soccer ball hard a while ago but overall my vision is fine. The worst symptom is problably my minor throbbing headache in my forehead - i actually had a really bad motorcycle accident once and was concussed and unconscious after falling off at 60km+/hr - this current headache kind of feels like that but it s still bearable. Do you think it will all recover fairly quickly? Many Thanks in advance
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  209
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear Confluence1611, hello.
Let us come to your symptoms one by one.
--> Running nose for a few minutes can be due to the irritation of the nasal mucosa due to the punch.As it was normal after few minutes, it is insignicant. If it would have persisted, it might indicate CSF Rhinorrhea due to basilar skull fracture. In your case, it is not.
--> cut on your forehead is due to external injury by your glases.
--> If your vision is normal then its ok.
--> Your main concern -headache. Usually it will subside by its own. It takes a few weeks to get fully absent. Giving rest to your body speeds up recovery.
if the headache is still persisting, consult a Neurophysician & get youself examined and if needed get a scan of your head done.
Answered: Thu, 13 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor