Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Head injury, loss of consciousness, dents on head, growing in size, headaches, nose bleeds. Cause of worry?

I fell on my head after losing consciousness about 2-3mths ago. A mth ago I noticed two small dents on the top right hand side of my head without any hair on that area. I taught it was just stress so I just let it be but I checked again a wk ago and noticed that the dents has gotten bigger and covered with hair. I ve been having occasional right ear pain, frequent headaches , giddiness as and when, and had an on and off nose bleed for 3 days a mth ago. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Yes,Please don't take your symptoms lightly.Most probably you have got fracture of skull bone whic is responsible for dent, along with haematoma (collection of blood under skin) which is increasing in size.Dizziness,frequent headache could be due to haematoma from bleeding inside your brain.Ear pain and frequent nose bleed could be part of fracture of skull bone.I would suggests you to consult a general surgeon who may get your CTscan head done to rule out or confirm any fracture of skull bone or haematoma inside your brain.Finally you may need consultation with neurosurgeon if there is haematoma or fracture on CT scan.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor