Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Head injury, large lump on head, broken skin. Icing it. Further treatment required?

Hello, I am 34 years old. female. I was loading a heavy box full of files on a hand truck and dropped it. While I was bent over, the top of the metal hand truck came forward suddenly and hit the top of my head pretty hard. I have a goose egg and I have been putting some ice on it. I do not have any other symptoms besides a sore spot where the bump is, it looks like it broke the skin a little bit. I am just wondering if I should get it check out or just wait to see if it goes down?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
hello, it is a good thing that there was no episode of unconsciousness,or vomitting.This 'goose egg' is a hematoma on the outside of the skull and is not necessarily related to any potential bleeding that can affect the brain. Treatment includes putting ice which you are already doing. In addition you can take some pain killers which suits you, like voveran 50 twice a day after meals along with tab, pantocid 40 once a day. apply neosporin skin oint on thebroken skin. in the meantime you can have a CT scan done to rule out any internal injury.
Answered: Sun, 9 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor