Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Head injury in childhood, headache, vertigo, blood clot in brain, shock therapy and surgery correct treatment ?

My frnd had an accident in his childhood, he fall down. Then he was 6 yrs. Now after 17 yrs he is getting headache and vertigo . He checked with the doctor who told there is a blood clot in the left side of the brain . He has given some medicine and doct told if it will not get cured by medicine then they will give some shock therapy and then also it will not get cured it has to be operated. We are very scared. Is operation and shock therapy necessary? What step we can take? Please help us. awaiting for your answer.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.
Headache and vertigo that your friend is having is not likely to be due to the fall he had 17 years ago.
Proper investigations like MRI, EEG and other relevant tests are needed to find out the cause of his problem. He should consult a neurologist to find out the exact cause and proper treatment at the earliest.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.


Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Thu, 12 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor