Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Head injury, headaches, pain starting behind head, moving to the top. Medical attention required?

My 6 yr old son hit the back of his head on the concrete 3 days ago he has been complaining with headaches ever since, there not constantly there just coming and going esecially when he is lying down. He also said the pain started at the back and travels up through the top.shouold i take him the hospital to get checked?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Carley,
It is good that your son is having only headache and no other symptoms of internal brain injury.
Headache due to head injury persists for few days to weeks. Give proper rest to your son.
Headace can be relieved by pain killers to be given only after getting your son examined by a Neurophysican. He might suggest a scan of his head if he find it necessary.
Answered: Fri, 12 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor