Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Head injury, headaches, neck soreness, numbness in forehead. CAT scan normal. Nerve damage?

I fell and hit my head on the ground around 5 weeks ago. I am still getting headaches and my neck is sometimes sore. At the point of impact on my forehead when i touch it i am getting a numb feeling up my head. Is this likely to be a damaged nerve? I had a cat scan last week and it was all clear. Is it normal to be still getting headaches after 5 weeks. The headaches can be all over my head, sometimes round the forehead sometimes back of the head at my neck.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
Hello Stuart,

Thank you for posting your query

Yes it is possible and normal to still have head aches after 5 weeks depending on the severity of the injury. If you were not kept in the intensive care unit it is likely because it was a mild to moderate and you will allow your self like a couple of weeks to months for the headache to subside. In the mean time, taking a week or 2 of bed rest and antimigraine medication will you do you a lot of good. If the head ache still persist after a couple of weeks, then consultation with a traumatologist will be of use.
My advise is get some bed rest and antimigraines. You probably have not given it some rest with your system and continuous stress might be aggravating the headache that was already present.

Hope this helps
Dr Nsah
Answered: Sat, 26 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Radiologist Dr. Ganesh Sanap's  Response
Hi, welcome to HCM.
It is definitely not a nerve injury. Pain in that region is possibly due to minor damage to superficial scalp muscles. As your CAT scan is normal , no chance of fracture or brain damage.
In some cases headache may persist for long duration after trauma. If it is troublesome for you then you need to consult your physician again.

Hope your query has been addressed by me .

Answered: Sat, 26 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor