Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Head injury due to fall. Bruise on temple, swelling, pain. Should it be checked?

Hi, I woke in the middle of the night and went to the loo, on the way back I fell and tried to get up, but was sleeping still so hit my head on the door frame and kept falling back then trying to get up, I hit my head again and again on the door frame until I woke. The next day I had a massive bruise on the left temple I told my doctor and he said when your blood level isnt right, your body tells you to lay flat, even thouh I was trying to get up. It has been over a year since this happened but now I have a swelling on my left temple where I fell and hit my head! Do you think I should get this checked out. I also get very sharp pains in my head now and again!
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  123
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

It is unlikely for the swelling on your left temple to be related to one year old mild head injury.

So, the current swelling needs to be evaluated, even though it may not be a serious issue.

Please get it checked up by your family GP.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)

Senior Consultant Neurologist

Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,

My personal URL on this website:

My email:
Answered: Tue, 26 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor