Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Head injury, bruised left eyelid, ear congestion, soreness in head. Treatment?

I fell and hit th back right side of my head on the cement 5 days ago. I have been in the bed sleeping on and off since then. I can see and hear but my left eyelid is bruised and my head feeling like I have water in my ears. Kind of stuffy feeling. My head is still sore and I still have trouble cutting my left right and left???
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  225
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello Lesilieheasley,
The skin around the eye is very loose with mostly fat underneath.This makes it vulnerable for fluid to accumulate there in case of head or facial injury near the eye. Usually they heal by itself by putting ice or by pain relieving medications. But the ear problem mentioned by you indicates that you should consult neurosurgeon/ENT specialist to rule out any skull fractue etc. and have a CT or MRI of head done.
Thanks and take care.
Answered: Tue, 11 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor