Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Head injury, blurred vision, sore bump behind head, headaches, pain inside right ear. Cure?

i fell and hit my head very very hard on tile floor. i didnt go to the ER. i had blurry vision a few times, along with a huge sore bump on the back right side of my head..tons of headaches and now im getting a sharp unusual pain(coming and going)behind/inside my right ear.. what is wrong with me? should i go see a Dr.?
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

Your current symptoms are possibly due to a scalp hematoma (bleeding underneath the skin over the affected area). This is not a serious condition, and subsides with medical treatment in a few days.

As of now, you could take analgesics such as ibuprofen or diclofenac tablets for pain relief.

However, if the headache worsens in severity, or if you develop vomiting, blurred vision, or decreased alertness, then you could consult a doctor in the ER.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
Answered: Mon, 7 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor