Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Head injury after drinking, vomiting, forehead swelling, nausea. What should I do?

Last night around 10 pm I hit my head really hard and didn t remember anything this morning. I was drinking and I was throwing up this morning, due to drinking too much. It is now 24 hours after hitting my head and I still don t feel very good. It is swollen on my forehead and I kind of still feel nauseas. What should I do?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Dear

Thanks for your query.

You should get a clinical examination done from a neurologist. Dont neglect a head injury .There may be hemorrhage in the brain which needs attention.
You may need a CT scan of brain done to see if there is internal hemorrhage.

Hope this helps.

Update here how you stay .

Take care.
Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Emergency Medicine Specialist Dr. R.A. Singh's  Response
Hi Ashleyann,
Thanks for writing your query.
Nausea or vomiting can be due to head injury as well as with excessive drinking.
According to me you should get your head scanned and consult a Neurophysician for examination of the cause of your symptoms.
There might be a possibility that you are having concussion injury and you are feeling nausea due to that.
You should take proper rest as it will help you recover soon.
I hope this is useful to you.
Answered: Thu, 1 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor