He said our relationship is perfect. But then BF (M27)

He said our relationship is perfect. But then BF (M27) dumped me (F25) because of his family.Advice pls
Yes, he told me our relationship is perfect and I am the perfect girl for him and its hard to let me go. But he did.

Ive known him since he was still a studying in college (he spent 9 years there, while i am already working) and he often tells me that i am his motivation to finish his studies and to be a better guy. I was there in all his moments, when he feel down i was there to lift him up. I accepted what he is, who he is, what he have and what he hasnt. I accepted him whole heartedly, i always got his back.

Our love was perfect, the easy light kind of love. So deep that we do not argue that much.

That time i am also close with his family, until he graduated and started to work overseas.

We did the LDR even though its hard, i trust that our love can survive it. Until the day i booked my ticket to see him, his sister messaged him asking why did I want to go visit him, asking who will finance the trip. I got offended, as if they dont see that i have a capacity and the money to travel. From there i got distant to his family. I never thought that its their impression of me.

After 5 months from the time i visited the bf overseas, he broke up with me over Viber. Prior to that his family went there too and they had a talk. He said that the family doesnt approve of me. I just dont get it, is it really a big deal for them me visiting their son?

My then BF is very close to his family to think borderline mama's boy. Im nothing against it, but the then BF has his own mind and decisions, why will he depend his decisions from his interfering family?

I know my then BF really loved me until now, but he said he needs to find space for himself to achieve his goals on his own. Now im no longer on the picture,we have plans this year that i will move in with him too and get a job overseas.

I also gave him an option if he like our relationship to be secret, so no one will meddle and it will be just the two of us. But he declined it, saying that his mom will most likely to be disapproved of it.

He still messages me, saying he still want us to be bestfriends and he cant stand to see me with someone else.

I also told him that he is my greatest love and I will just move on if he is already with someone else.

The thing that hurts me is, we are not doing anything wrong, why cant he fight for me? I can always always move mountains for him. For me this is just a simple problem but he let go of me that easy.

He said theres no third party, i can sense that he is being honest. He also said that he need to work on his self for now. So that in the future he will learn to be strong and not be too dependent on me.

Should I stil hold onto it?

TL;DR- 5 year relationship too perfect, He went overseas for work, i visited. Mom got mad disapproving, asking who will finance the trip, i got offended and made distance. he is borderline mamas boy. Broke up with me saying he needs to find space for himself, yet still wants to be in touch.

EDIT: i can compare our relationship to Marshall and Lily of How I Met Your Mother, we are so bonded like that. And i dont regeret spending 5 years coz i am really at the happiest. He is really not that bad. But the breaker would be he is too close to his family. Thats the ONLY thing

EDIT: i think i know where is his mom coming from, my then bf has a cleft palate that undergone multiple surgeries as a child. I think his mom is over protective because of it. Or may be because bf's brother married to early afraid that my then bf will follow its footsteps.
Thu, 17 May 2018