Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Having vaginal itching and burning after sex. Had Pap smear test? Partner also feels itchy. Suggest.

Hi... I have Crohns:( it seems like every time I have sex I have vaginal itching and burning... Do you think that it might be that the body is over producing White cells which courses a bacterial infection in the vagina??? I've had a pap test that confirmed it wasn't thrush... Or could it be that my PH balance is out??? It's driving me crazy trying to figure out why... My partner has a itch after having sex with me:( I feel dirty and find it had to have sex because of this problem
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Both of you are having candidal infection.
You are having candidal vulvovaginitis and your partner is having candidal balanoposthitis.
Both of you take anti fungal medicine.. like ketoconazole or itroconazole for 2 weeks.
Put clotrimazole vaginal tab in vagina at night for 6 days.
Tell your partner to apply clotrimazole cream at affected site.
Both of you take stz bath in dettol water.
Avoid sex for atleast 2 weeks.
Keep the hygiene good.
Take healthy food.
Test the blood to rule out DM and HIV.

I hope both of you will be benefitted.
Still, you both consult dermatologist.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Wed, 29 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor