Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Having ulcer problems just above abdomen/above naval, endoscope was done. Which foods one should avoid?

yes doctor, one of my friend is having ulcer problems just above abdomen /above naval.endoscope was done last year and again it has started problem this year.may be my friend does'nt take precautions as doctor has preffered,
can you also tell me the foods to avoid . i know some of these lik soda,coffee ,tea , spicy , stress ,alcohol is to be avoided but besides these
can you please recommend a good diet.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

First of all, your friend should have stomach controlled with endoscopy. Some stomach cancers may only look like ulcers and act like ulcers. And this is the most important condition to be ruled out.
Ulcer resistant to treatment(not cancerous) sometimes needs to be treated with partial stomach resection. Helicobacter Pylori infection can be present and prevent ulcer from healing. All this can be checked with just one simple endoscopy.
Depending of the results he might need antibiotics to eradicate this bacteria and long term therapy with PPIs.

Your friend should avoid coffee, alcohol, spicy foods, fatty foods, fruit juices, chocolate. Increase mineral water intake. Last meal should be 2 hours before sleeping, head should be elevated a little bit while sleeping.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor