Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Having trembling and high pulse. Have depression and suicidal tendencies. ECG, Thyroid test, BP check done.

I am a female of 48 years age . At times my hands start trembling and I get the feeling as if my heart is running very fast. This happens only for a few moments and I become alright in a couple of minutes. I have normal BP and Thyroid. However blood sugar fasting remains around 110 to 117 since last 10 years and PP sugar is always in normal range. My mind gets triggered to a depressive stage very fast to a level wher I try to commit suicide. Have tried atleast 20 times in the last 20 years but was counselled and saved by husband. My friends consider me very sweet and humble but I start getting extremely negative thoughts as soon as I hear someone even routinely commenting adverse remarks regarding me. These thoughts keep building up leading to a stage where I want to commit suicide. So I have 2 problems - 1. My hands tremble at times (2-3 times a year) with feeling of my heart running like a vehicle engine. 2. Getting emotional triggers leading to suicidal tendencies. - from India
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I had answered your previous query. This additional information that your ECG is normal, confirms the fact that your problems are due to a psychological cause and not due to any medical disorder.

Please visit a psychiatrist to have a detailed psychological assessment, so that further treatment and therapy can be planned. It is important that you realize that you need help and therefore take sincere and dedicated efforts to overcome your problems and improve yourself .

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Nehal Shah's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.
Mam, Your hand trembling and fast heart beats are suggestive of Panic attacks if you have additional symptoms like fear of something happen to your self. panic attacks is many times a co-morbid of depression.
You should consult a psychiatrist for detailed work up and stress management.
Wish you all the best.
Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You need to see a Psychiatrist - as soon as possible
You need regular follow up, for a long time.

Heart beating fast - may only be a feeling. It should be DOCUMENTED by ElectroCardioGram (EKG) - for active treatment.. Standard ECG records the electrical activity of the heart, for a few seconds. It can detect the arrhythmia occurring during that time only. If the episode occurs randomly or precipitated by a specific activity like exercise, one needs Holter or event monitor.

Beta-blockers may help - the rate, tremors and anxiety.
Discuss with your doctor...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor