Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Having symptoms of hypothyroidism. TSH test negative. How to get the extensive testing done?

I have many many symptoms of hypothyroidism (which many nurses and doctors have suggested I might have for years) which are too numerous to get into, but the only test they will do is the TSH test which they said was negative but another doctor told me I needed more extensive testing to make sure as it seems like the only thing that could be wrong with me. How do I ask a doctor to give me more extensive testing without them getting defensive and angry? I don t have insurance so I can t see an endocrinologist and I m very frustrated because I don t know what to do! Please help, thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query.As your TSH is negative then a free t3 and free t4 can be done.Serum cholesterol also should be looked for.If you are getting palpitation then better to do haemoglobin count also as anemia also could be reason.No need to get worried.Even anxiety causes such symptoms like of thyroid problem like palpitation.Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further query.
Answered: Tue, 3 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor