Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Having symptoms of ear infection. How to get relief from pain and infection?

Doctor, I have come to the conclusion that in the last 6 hours i have somehow got an ear infection and these are my symptoms; Ear Pain Hearing has gone in 1 ear and partially gone in the other ear ringing has started in my ears and also ive come to the conclusion that in the last 24 hours i ve either got 1 of the following; Tonsillitis Coxsackie or Strep throat can you please Email me some information on how i can remedy or try to take the pain away a bit please within the next hour please.
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum

Your symptoms seem to be of acute upper respiratory tract infection.

My suggestions to you are:
1. Drink plenty of warm water – this helps in improving the blood circulation, keeping the mucosa moist and relief from pain
2. Anti-inflammatory medicines such as diclofenac or ibuprofen for the pain relief.
3. Use saline nasal spray followed by steam inhalation 3-4 times a day.
4. Also, avoid smoking/chilled food & beverages/alcohol/coffee till you recover.
5. If the symptoms do not improve within 3-4 days you can start on antibiotic (such as a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid or cefuroxime) after consulting your doctor.

I wish you good health

Answered: Tue, 1 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor