Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Having symptoms of DVT, May-Thurner Syndrome. Having swollen ankle, numbness in toes. On crutches. Suggestions?

hello, my name is amber and i think i may be in big trouble with having the symptoms of DVT , and may-thurner syndrome , and also started 2 weeks ago in both legs. left ankle got really swollen and red hot at touch and very painful. also toes went numb and tips of toes went tingly. the next day maybe 2 days later my right ankle looked and felt exactly the same way. now at the very moment my left leg and ankle/ foot is almost back to normal and my right leg/ankle/leg is very tender at the achilles tendon . which as i may add, around my ankle bone, the skin is just as hard as the bone! also ive been using crutches, because i could not walk what so ever. i tried to stand up from waking up in the morning and fell flat on my face. please help me not only has this happened to me, now my boyfriend has had similar symptoms and our ankles look very similar. how could we both have the same issues? thanks for your time.. i also have no health insurance thats why i haven t went to the doctors!
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012

Thanks for posting on HCM,

From your description you are having more of joint diseases rather than DVT or may-thurner syndrome (which should be excluded of course given that it is red, painful and swollen). You might be having a septic osteoarthritis (joint infection caused by bacteria) or gouty arthritis (joint diseases caused by accumulation of uric acid in joints synovium). Given the simultaneous occurrence in both of you, it is possible that you both have contracted an infection (which is not necessarily sexual but rather through human contact or interactions).
Even though you say you do not have a health insurance, going to see a doctor now, will be the best thing for both of you.
At home you might take antiinflammatory such as diclofenac 50mg (2 tablets twice daily) or ibuprofen 400mg (2 tablets twice daily), put ice packs on the swellings and take OTC antibiotics such as amoxicillin or cloxacillin to see if any improvements.

Hope this helps
Answered: Tue, 6 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor