Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Having spinal problem, MRI scan done, D12-L1 disc shows reduced. Need treatment or normal?

My MRI says that MRI of dorso-lumbar spine was done using T1,T2 axial,sagittal STIR coronal and myelogram sequences.Straightening of dorso-lumbar lordosis is seen. no signifiacant spondylolisthesis is seen.Conus ends at D12 level.D12-L1 disc shows reduced height and posterior bulge indenting thecal sac.D12-L1 disc shows subtle T1 hyperintensity-probable calcification.No significant spinal cord or nerve root compression seen.Rest of the discs show no significant herniation.Vertebrae show no significant focal abnormal significant abnormal para vertebral soft tissu is seen.Spinal canal measurements at mid body level onT2 sagittal images are: L1-16.6mm,L2-15.8mm,L3-13.3mm,L4-15mm,L5-14.1mm Is this normal???or needing treatment MRI was taken at 6th sep 2011
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  168
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
A reduction in the disc space at the level of D12-L1 is not normal. This needs a treatment and regular physiotherapy to avoid any further progression of the problem and radiculopathy.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 25 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor