Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Having short periods, clear discharge from nipples. Fooled around with partner without penetration. Low T4. Reason?

Hi, I am 24 years, unmarried girl. I usually have regular periods with 3 day full flow and 2 days littile flow which sometimes is limited to spotting only.My last 2 periods were only 3 days with 2 days full flow and 1 day spotting which make them a 3 day period. Also my last period was 5 days delayed with no cramps or pain at all. I am not sexually active which means I never have done intercourse or penetration, however me n my fiance do enjoy mutual masturbation. This month on the 13th day of my cycle we have done mutual masturbation in which I am not sure if he touched me with his hands(which might have cum or precum) or not. However this periods were delayed.I visited my gynae n got checked for T3,T4, TSH ,CBC & Prolactin(since there was some clear fluid coming out of nipples when she squeezed them. My report says T3 2.65pg/ml, T4 1.07 ng/dl, TSH 2.573 uiu/ml, prolactin 10.09 ng/ml and haemoglobin 12.1 g/dl. What does all this mean. Is this something serious? Is there any chance one ca get pregnant without penetration/intercourse.what is this clear fluid.why r my periods getting shorter.. Can you help me with this?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

Your T3 and T4 are in lower range. T3 should be in ng and T4 in micro gram. So painless bleeding with other symptoms suggest hypothyroidism with unovulatory cycle. Clear discharge from nipple and disturbed cycles may suggest hypothyroidism.
I suggest you to repeat your complete thyroid profile including free T3 and free T4, prolactin level and USG abdomen once for diagnosing the cause.

Without penetration getting pregnant is very unlikely. So you cant be pregnant.

So get back with the report and any associated problem(weight gain, slowing of activities, disturbed body functions etc) for further discussion on your management and to avoid any further problem.

Hope I answered your question. Consult your doctor for further management.
Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Answered: Tue, 6 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor