Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Having sex while experiencing ectopic heartbeat (palpitations)

I am a 29 year old male. I have been having more frequent palpitations recently which my doctor says is related to anxiety. I have had my blood pressure taken, had an ECG and had a blood test which all were normal. I am now a bit paranoid about having a heart attack and worry about doing anything that will greatly increase my heart rate e.g. having sex. Do you think it is just anxiety ?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  692
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
You should really tell your doctor about your concerns. This is a really, really common question that people with heart problems ask their doctors. Since no one on this website knows you or your medical history, no one here can tell you whether or not it's ok to have sex.
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor