Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Having severe pain in chest, arms, only on right side, breathing hurts. What to do?

Hi, my husband has severe chest pain . It gets worse when he looks up or down. When he looks down the pain is unbearable.If he takes a deep breath in it also hurts. We dont think its muscle.He has no pain in his arm and can lift them up or down without any pain. He is 6 ft 4 inch tall and is not overweight . He is quite active. He is 42. Sometimes the pain in not inly on the left side of his chest but straight accross the chest area.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response

Based on details costochondritis to be considered, next is pleurisy

Consult general physician for clinical examination and further evalaution

He may require Chest X ray , ECG for confirming the cause of it

Hope this will help you


Dr Sandhya Manorenj
Hi Tech city hyderabad
Answered: Sat, 8 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor