Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Having severe heartburn, indigestion. Applied garlic, spice on it. Should I be concerned?

About two weeks ago I started having severe heartburn and indigestion. I have never had heartburn before and only mild indigestion. I found it was worse when I ate or drank less and only when I was sitting down. Garlic and spice do not seem to affect it, however drinking water produced some of the worst heartburn. How concerned should I be and what are possible causes?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Hello, thanks for the query to H.C.M.Forum.
Esophagus is the food pipe in our body behind sternum and any irritant food may develops esophagitis (inflammation of esophagus) which we call heart burn in simple language.
Fried food , spiced dishes, smoking, alcohol, stress, tension, anxiety rotten food all these are responsible for these type of disease.
When there is severe gastritis (heart burn & indigestion) than even water drinking produces severe pain sometimes it feels that some thing is stuck in throat or chest.
The cause of concern is that recurrent such type of situation may lead to ulcer formation in effected area so please avoid above mentioned foods and, if condition is there , than have a treatment from a physician.
Good luck. Dr. HET
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor