Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Having severe cough a swelling in the left side of the groin. Advised surgery and wearing Truss. Alternate cure?

I am 43 year old male weighing 65kg. Non smoker. I do have a tummy but isn't obviously obese.

For the last three days I have been coughing badly and i noticed a slight bulge on the left region of my groin. I visited a general physician this morning and he advices elective surgery within a month. He advised that I wear a truss to provide some abdominal support.

My question to you is the following:

1) is surgery the only solution.
2) Can the herinia agrevate and move further into the scrotum.
3) Can excercise reduce the herinia and push the abdominal contents back to their oiginal position.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  12
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns.
Let me answer your questions.
For hernia, the only cure possibly available is surgery. It is better managed that way.
Hernia is a protrusion of an organ and therefore it may or may not aggravate. But there are possibilities of gangrene formation, orgn failure etc.
Exercise normally aggravate the problem.
As I suggested earlier, surgeon is the best judge of your case.
He will do the needful.
Wish you speedy recovery.
Answered: Thu, 16 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor