Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Having scars due to recurring acne. Took medicines, no relief. Solution?

Hi dr I have acne last 5 year but I take dematologist treatment andl acne problem solve but in between sometime this problem occure and leaves a scars on skin and now a day again same acne again prevent on face and its a red spots that are inner side the skin hard type and also pain after few day its made white pimple then leave it spot on skin I m so worried about it bcoz already have scars on skin
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi there,
It seems like you are having Nodulo cystic acne. This type of acne is usually resistant to the conventional medications and treatment. So I would say you are a candidate for Isotretenoin therapy,this is Vit A derivative and proven to be very helpful,but you need to go to your dermatologist because this medication is not suitable for all people and you have to be reviewed before staring the therapy.
Regarding the scars,I can understand your concerns,here again I would say there are many options but you need to see a dermatologist to give you an option which best suits your skin and can have the maximum results,
I hope you can understand my point.
All the best.
Answered: Thu, 15 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Kalpana Pathak's  Response
To keep your skin acne free , you need to follow a proper skin care regime. Use a face wash containing salicylic acid to cleanse your face atleast twice a day. Always use a water based moisturiser meant for oily skin and get your comedones (blackheads/whiteheads) extracted at regular basis. In case of active acne lesions, you need to take oral antibiotic or isotretinoin along with anti acne creams for local application. One can also consider the option of chemical peels to tackle acne as well as the scars and pigmentation marks. Scars can also be treated with microdermabrasion, dermarollers or in case of severe scars with lasers.
As you have mentioned that you are having red elevated skin lesions which become pus filled and then heal with scars, I would suggest you to consult a dermatologist to assess the severity of acne and put you on medication accordingly. Taking medication would surely prevent in development of further scars. Take care.
Answered: Fri, 16 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor