Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Having pimples filled with pus on vagina and arm pit. Have scars after healing. Suggest

I am 22 years old and since i was about 13 years old i have been experiencing pimple like things on my vagina.I began to get these bumps before I was sexually active. I also get similiar looking bumps under my armpit. They fill up with pus like a pimple some times the same one will fill up multiple times. After pus comes out it bleeds. the bumps take a long time to heal up and go away leaving scars. It is really amberresing especially to have "pimples" and scars on your vagina. I really would like to not have to deal with it anymore. I am too shy to ask my doctor about the problem. any help??
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  227
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Looks like you are suffering from Hidradenitis Suppurativa
Hidradenitis suppurativa is a skin disease that most commonly affects areas bearing apocrine sweat glands or sebaceous glands, such as the underarms, under the breasts, inner thighs, groin and buttocks.
There are a number of triggering factors that should be taken into consideration, as it is advisable to avoid such triggers.
Obesity is an exacerbating rather than a triggering factor, through mechanical irritation, occlusion, and maceration.
Tight clothing and clothing made of heavy, non-breathable materials.
Deodorants, depilation products, shaving of the affected area – their association with hidradenitis suppurativa is still an ongoing debate amongst researchers
Drugs, in particular oral contraceptives (i.e., oral hormonal birth control; "the pill") and lithium.
Hot and especially humid climates

Skin lesions include development of pyodermas and abscesses. The abscesses get bigger, break open, and leak pus. Tunnels that form under the skin between abscesses which ultimately heal with scarring.
Long term treatment is required in such i would advise you to check online for this condition and if you feel that your symptoms are the same, then consult a dermatologist for that proper assessment and treatment can be done..

Hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor