Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Having pain, throbbing, pulsing, watery sensation in ear. Face tensed from forehead to jaw. Taken allergy, congestion medicine. No sleep. Remedy?

I feel throbbing and pulsing in my ear and some mild pain on the right side of my face stretching from my forehead to the bottom of my jaw. It also feels like there is water in my ear and I ve tried allergy medicine, congestion medicine and water dry ear drops. I feel tired and uncomfortable constantly and I haven t gotten a good nights sleep in days. I woke up with this problem on Tuesday and it s Friday night. Help?!?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Going by your symptoms, it seems most probably that you have developed an infection of the middle ear. when the membrane closing the middle ear from the external ear develops an opening there tends to be a discharge from the ear. the infection in the ear can also cause referred pain in the distribution of the nerve supplying the ear which can effect parts of the face.

You need to see a doctor and get a prescription of antibiotics and pain killers which could help your problem.
Answered: Tue, 2 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that you might have acute infection in your middle ear causing all these problems.
Consult ENT specialist and get examined.
With antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines you will be alright.
Put some antibiotic ear drops.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 2 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor