Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Having pain in kidney, swollen kidney, stinging urethra, black and red flakes in urine. What should I do?

For several several months I have had very bad pains in my kidneys they feel very swollen and hurt. I get very bad stinging from my urethra and i have black and red flakes that come out in my urine . Yesterday I was able to pick up one of these flakes to examine it and it looks just a scab and its red like blood . It was very hard. Also usually when they take urine samples from me i almost always have blood in my urine. But the urine never comes back with any infection . What should I do?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have painless hematuria since a long time and needs to be investigated in details

It is most likely to be due to Glomerular disease of the kidney( Glomerulonephritis).

Please consult qualified Nephrologist for clinical evaluation and get following investigations done under his guidance.
1) Urine routine and Culture with total proteins excreted in 24 hours.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen \
3) C.T.Scan of urinary system.
4) Endoscopic examination by a Urologist.
5) Blood Coagulation profile .

Further treatment will depend upon results of these tests and final diagnosis.
Answered: Wed, 9 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor