Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Having pain in hand. Not cured by medicine and electric heat treatment. Should I go for neurologist advice?

Dr. my mother (Age- 52 yrs) is having unbearable pain in her right hand we consult to a vein specialist he gave some medicine and electric heat treatment for 7 days but no sign of relief seen as of now. please suggest me what to do next should i go to the neuro physician. please gide me and give me the best dr. address of patna for this disease.
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
i think it can be either a carpel tunnel syndrome or a cervical spondylitis. I would recommend you to get EMG/NCV of her hand to find out if there is any pinch nerve is there. I would also recommend you to show to a orthopaedic surgeon rather then a neurophyscian. Till that time you should give her pregabalin and methylcobal tablet for pain relief and nerve strengthening.
Answered: Sun, 6 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor