Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Having pain in both feet.

I am facing problem of pain in center point of both the feet. I took opinion from Doctor; he has advised for x-ray, both the reports of random sugar are normal. Doctor also advised for Heel cushion that I have started using and find some relief. I am experiencing the pain both in rest and walking. My weight is 102 kg for the last one year and as such no problem at all. What could be the reason? I am using the pain killers now and then for the relief.
Asked On : Mon, 19 Oct 2009
Answers:  2 Views:  1421
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  User's Response
I could find few reasons in your query for the possible causes of pain. One is over weight and the other is plantar fasciitis which is very common cause. There could be a calcaneal spur in your foot. But you haven?t mentioned about X-ray report, where calcaneal spur may be seen in it. I would suggest you to continue with the heel cushions and soft MCR chap pals. Painkillers do well for immediate relief. Ice rolling over the area is helpful. The centre point of the foot bear the weight of you and the arch should be maintained with proper choice of foot wear. Reduce the weight. See the orthopedician for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Answered: Tue, 20 Oct 2009
  User's Response
Hi Sheela,
If this symptoms are seasonal and the pain is more during morning, it could very likely be Plantar fasicitis.

Try analgesics and contrast bath for 6 weeks before resorting to other treatment modalities.
Contrast bath consists of immersing both your feet in a bowl of water each, with one containig warm and the other cold water. Keep it there for 5 min and exchange the feet. Repeat this 10 times and the cycle 4 times every day and you should be better by the end of 6 weeks.
Wear MCR (microcellular chappals).

If it does't subside by six weeks time, local steroid injection can be tried.

I will be available for your follow up queries.
Thank you.
Answered: Sun, 29 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor