Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
Both of your MRI scan findings are suggestive of lumbar disc disease
The preliminary management of this condition is by way of conservative methods, which include the following -
- Absolute bed rest
for 1or 2 days will alleviate your back pain
- Avoid sitting for prolonged periods
- Avoid lifting heavy weights
- Change your daily activities so that you avoid movements that can cause further pain, especially bending forward and lifting as it will worsen the disc protrusion
- Intermittent pelvic traction (under the supervision of a physiotherapist) might be helpful to cause a regression of the protruded disc
- Use analgesics like advil
and muscle relaxants to relieve pain and muscle spasm, as needed.
- After the initial pain has subsided, remedial exercises to strengthen the spine are very important to restore normal spinal movements and muscle strength.
Hope this information is helpful. Good day