Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Having pain below chest. Not able to stand and walk. Diagnosed as damaged food pipe. What's wrong?

my husband had a very sever pain below his chest in the middle of chest and tummy a few days back. the pain was so severe that he was unable to do anything, even unable too stand and walk. Doctors said that his food pipe was damaged and gave some medicines. but it took a while for the pain to come down. even now after meals he feels some discomfort in the same place. what is the reason behind this?
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  100
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response
Feb 2018
Hi. This is called esophagitis, the causes can be due to acidity, GERD or local problems like fungal infection.
The best way to get a proper diagnosis is to undergo upper GI endoscopy.
Until then for for liquid and bland diet. Continue the medicines your Doctor has prescribed you . Get the blood picture particularly sugar done.
Answered: Thu, 27 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor