Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Having orange urine. Gall stones present. Any other treatment than surgery? Home remedy?

I have been to the ER & told I have several tiny gallstones abt 3 weeks ago. Today I had orange urine . I would like to know if there s anything I can do (besides surgery) to fix this issue. I cannot afford surgery, as I am uninsured, work only part time & have 2 babies to care for. Is there a home remedie solution to this issue?
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dark urine and pale stools accompanied by gallstone pain (in the upper right abdomen) where gallstones have been seen on ultrasound is likely to be a blockage of the bile duct by one of the stones. This is usually treated by an invasive procedure called ERCP. If you develop fever then this procedure becomes urgent since infection of a blocked bile duct is an immediately life threatening condition - you must go to hospital immediately if this happens. If ERCP or surgery are truly not an option, you could try ursodeoxycholic acid, a medicine which helps dissolve small stones. Good hydration and avoiding fatty foods is also a good idea.
Answered: Fri, 13 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor