Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Having migraine, blurry vision, extreme fatigue, metallic taste, nausea. Diagnosis?

Could disk bulging, herniation, disk degeneration and arthritis in the Cervical spine area cause the fluid in your brain to leak? I think it s called scsfcs? I ve had horrible migraines for 3 years that my neurologist has been unable to diagnose. I have random blurry vision throughout the day, extreme fatigue , a metallic taste accompanied by nausea. I googled my symptoms and scsfcs is what pulled up. Do my symptoms fit the diagnosis?
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  195
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi there,

Thanks for your query.

None of the elaborated cervical conditions cause leakage of CSF.

You have not described the nature of headaches in great detail to reassure myself that headaches are really migraines.

However, a long-term preventive treatment (as given below) for migraines will steadily improve your problems and finally cure migraines in about a year's time. Take a long-term course of anti-depressant + anti-anxiety drug + Beta-blockers (in increasing doses to maximal tolerable dose) for 6-12 months, cures migraine problem completely in 80-90% of the patients (as per my vast experience).

I presume that you have been taking pain-killers frequently for migraines, which accounts for drug-induced stomach irritation/acidity leading to nausea.
3-6 months of anti-acid drugs (PPIs) along with an anti-nausea drug (such as domperidone or metoclopramide) will take care of your taste and nausea.

Rarely, all the symptoms being exhibited by you may be manifestation of Temporal Lobe epilepsy. If there is no significant response to advised therapy in 2 months, get an EEG done, which will rule out/confirm the diagnosis.

Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he agree with me, order required tests, and- based on the reports- will prescribe suitable treatment as advised.

In case of any further queries, revert back to me THROUGH DIRECT PREMIUM QUERY (Paid), addressed to me personally. You will receive- almost immediately- my response in great details.

If you find my response helpful and informative, do not forget an “excellent” (5-star rating) to my answer, to ENCOURAGE all doctors- engaged in social service- to render sound advice to the FREE queries.

Fond regards and have a nice day

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Answered: Tue, 26 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor