Having menstruation problems

I m a 27 yr old female, sexually active and I have child which is 7yrs. The problem that I have is that I haven t recieved my mentrual (period) for the past year and a half, I ve been to a family doctor twice and the only medication that he ever gave me was contreceptive pills to increase my hormone level and nothing happened. What is the problem will you please help me .
Tue, 26 Apr 2011
hi welcome to health care magic.you have to take T.MEPRATE(10mg) 3time aday after stoping of medicine you will get period in 3 to 4 days if not then concern any gynec doc for that.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi Delicia,thanks for posting your query.Absence of period this long must be because of irregularity of hormones in your body.You need some basic work up for hormones.It is better to visit a gynecologist for evaluation and treatment.