Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

145 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Having menstruation problems

I m a 27 yr old female, sexually active and I have child which is 7yrs. The problem that I have is that I haven t recieved my mentrual (period) for the past year and a half, I ve been to a family doctor twice and the only medication that he ever gave me was contreceptive pills to increase my hormone level and nothing happened. What is the problem will you please help me .
Tue, 26 Apr 2011
Report Abuse
  User's Response
hi welcome to health care have to take T.MEPRATE(10mg) 3time aday after stoping of medicine you will get period in 3 to 4 days if not then concern any gynec doc for that.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi Delicia,thanks for posting your query.Absence of period this long must be because of irregularity of hormones in your body.You need some basic work up for hormones.It is better to visit a gynecologist for evaluation and treatment.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Helo gudmrng sir. Sir I want to discus my problem with u hoping that u have solution for this. The. Problem is dat my date mensuration date came did month 0n 2nd of this month . Nw again it come on 14 Feb. Is it a symptom of any serious problem. Sir plz. Help me out. Reply

doctor1 MD

My sis is around 70kgs and facing a problem with irregular mensuration. She is currently taking duoluton L prescribed by the doctor. The main problem is that if the period starts it will go upto 1.5months with full flow and if it stops it will stop for 2-3months. Please suggest.

doctor1 MD

Dear Sir My wife is 38 years old she s weight is around 70 kg and she s problem is delay period almost 2 month within past year, she s period is come last sep-15 and till date no period is come and from tomorrow only water is come , so what is the problem. pls help me the solution.